Sunday, September 17, 2017

Paws and Claws Adventure

Jen and I headed North.  We met up  in Bemidji, where I found out where we were going. It was a 200 mile trip for me and 276 miles for Jen to one of the coldest places in Minnesota. The top three coldest places in Minnesota are International Falls, Embarras and Ely.

Ely Minnesota

Ely is a small town abot 3,900 people and real touristy.  Ely is the gateway to BWCA  (Boundary Waters Canoe Area).  It is similar in size to Park Rapids but it is a hilly area.  I pictured it as being quite flat. Ely is also known as “The end of the road.” To go further North in this part of Minnesota you need a canoe.

The Inn in Ely

We stayed in a small Inn.  An older home converted into an Inn.  The rooms were comforatable and clean, hot water took awhile to come upstairs in the attic room.

What brings us to Ely?

Jen would say “Because we can.” Jen likes adventures and going places she has never been.

paws

Paws and claws.

paws and claws

It was an amazing experience!  More tomorrow!

We both arrived safely back home last night…me with 394 photographs to sift through.  Jen may have more than that as she carries two cameras.

Far Guy and Chance did just fine in their 28 hours all alone. 

Blog Signature

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You nailed the three coldest places in Minnesota for sure! I can't wait to hear more about your trip to Ely. That's quite a lot of photos in 28 hours!

Cynthia said...

I love Ely, and the Boundary Waters! Can't wait to see what all you did.

Pauline Persing said...

Looking forward to seeing your photos.

Terry and Linda said...

Cool! I loved what I saw of your adventures!

Paula said...

What a lovely adventure. I love the pictures so much!

Henny Penny said...

What a good surprise. That was so sweet of Jen. Can't wait to see more pictures. I just love when one of my daughters calls and we go somewhere for a day.

Rita said...

I was in Ely many years ago! Can hardly wait to see more of those pictures. :)

Granny Marigold said...

Paws and Claws... sounds intriguing. Can't wait for more info.

Leah said...

It isn't what I guessed but Ely is fun! We went there once during the Blueberry Festival (the town was full of crafts and exhibits). Hope you enjoyed your getaway there!

DJan said...

What fun! I look forward to a batch of pictures one of these days. :-)

Sam I Am...... said...

My daughter and I like adventures too and we stop at any place that takes our fancy. But now that I am on a retirement budget and she has 2 little ones we don't tray too far but hopefully we will do it again when I get up North. What a fun trip for you both!