Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Solar Light Butterfly

I bought a solar butterfly light.  Strangest thing it just lept off the shelf into my shopping cart.

IMG_0260

It is bland in the daytime.  Not much to look at.

IMG_0307

At night it changes colors.  I head outside with Chance just as the lights surrender to the darkness.

IMG_0306

IMG_0309

IMG_0302

IMG_0308

I find the changing colors calming as I watch them transform from one color to another. Never blinking…working non stop from color to color.

Chance is bored with me watching, he plops down on the patio…he totally misses the bunny that shows off it’s cottontail as it scampers through the woods.  The birds have gone to bed, far off a dog barks, it must be Odda or Putz.  I finally encourage the old dog saying I will walk with him so he can get down to business.  It is totally dark as we head back to the house guided by the solar lights in the yard.

We cannot have flower gardens this time of year…but a solar light garden is the next best thing.

Blog Signature

22 comments:

linda m said...

That is such a beautiful solar light. I can see one jumping in my cart as well.

diane said...

Awesome! If I find some I'd buy them after seeing yours. Kool!

DJan said...

Yes, it's very pretty all right. Not the sort of thing that would capture the attention of a dog, though. :-)

Lynda said...

That is so pretty. I have never heard or seen one of those before - - - hmmmm - - - I may have to go see if one will jump in my cart, too!

Kansas Kay said...

That's a neat solar light!

Tired Teacher said...

Beautiful colors!

Pauline Persing said...

Very pretty.

Sam I Am...... said...

Those are so pretty! I've never seen anything like that....nothing down here unless I've missed it. Very nice and color changing! Who knew?

Rita said...

That butterfly is so cool! Not exciting to Chance, though--LOL! :)

Cynthia said...

We had one last year, a gift from my mom. And we were surprised when it didn't just glow white light but changed in a rainbow of colors. The only problem with ours was it didn't last very long. I hope you have better luck.

marlu said...

I like the butterfly light too! Very cool.

Karen said...

That is really pretty!

L. D. said...

That is a neat light. I have seen regular lights that change color continually but they were not fancy butterflies. I have solar lights compliments of the former owners.

Red said...

That's a very colorful light. I can see why it jumped off the shelf.

Country Gal said...

Oh they are pretty , anything to do with bird and butterfly's like that I like . Miggs has lots of cottontail and Jackrabbits to tend with this spring in the back 40 keeps her old bones in gear lol ! then she to plop's her but down for the night and sleeps like a baby lol ! Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

diane in northern wis said...

Wow ...I love your new butterfly. I'd be out looking at it too!

Granny Marigold said...

The solar powered butterfly is quite something. I wouldn't mind if one jumped into my cart either.

Linda Reeder said...

What a clever solar light to change colors!
My sister has had many solar lights jump into her cart to adorn her small garden, which she can see from inside the house. They do light up a winter garden.

Linda W. said...

That's really cool. I want one!

Leah said...

I like you new solar light - funny it just jumped into your cart! We have solar lights too (some older ones stay out all winter) and still keep going.

MTWaggin said...

I have a solar light that also changes color and I too find it very enjoyable and relaxing to watch (and it just makes me happy)! You are not the only one way behind in reading blogs! Just sayin...

Bonnie said...

I love it! If I can find one I'm going to park my cart real close and I bet it will jump in my cart as well! It must be nice to have all your solar lights when you walk Chance at night!