Thursday, February 2, 2017

A New Month

I spent most of the day yesterday cleaning up and putting away “stuff” that had been cluttering up my desk for most of January.

Ta Da!! The grands three ring binders are up to date and put away.  The Christmas letter binders and Christmas photo card binder has been put away until next year.  I made folders for old Firehall Newspaper Clippings and another for The Cousins Newsletter ( it has a bit of family history).

I decided to use three ring binders for the grands “stuff” so they can take the items out and look at them closer if they wish…it is better than a scrapbook…no adhesives!

I still have a fair amount of paper stuff to go through…I wonder when it will end?  Seems we recycle some shredded paper and office paper every few days. Good golly didn’t we ever throw anything away?

The Shiny Brite Tree must come down before I have to dust the ornaments.   I have the boxes laid out and ready so it is a project for one long day or several shorter days.  I have enjoyed having it up WAY past Christmas.

   Shiny Brites

It REALLY is time to put them away for another year.

After the Shiny Brite Tree I have old notebooks to go through from when I worked at the museum.  They have come in handy when Board members had questions. It is time for them to go too.  I kept detailed daily notes.

What project comes after that…I am not sure. Having two projects on the horizon is good for now.

Blog Signature

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw...goodbye Shint Brite tree. Thanks for geing so beautiful and making the holidays brighter.

linda m said...

If you ever run out of projects I have a few at my house you can tackle. Wish I had your ambition to tackle them myself. Goodbye for another year Shiny Brite tree.

Sam I Am...... said...

You have inspired me and today I am going to reorganize my knitting, crocheting, sewing, quilting and needlework projects. I print off patterns and put them in those plastic sleeves so I can put them in 3 ring binders but I have so many now that I either need to make an index in each one or separate them according to pattern type. As with everything around here...I need to "divide and conquer" and also weed out and throw out.
I think you were right to leave up the tree as you put so much work into decorating it....it is a beauty! I still have some decorations up around the house but I need to put them away before Spring! LOL! If I didn't have so many interruptions from either the phone or "the girls" I might be able to focus and finish something but there are times when I get side-tracked and totally move on to something else and then much later I remember....oh, yeah,,,,,I was working on that project....old age is very tricky! LOL!

Anonymous said...

*Shiny... an *being so beautiful. I'm blaming pain for those typos. I broke my wrist yesterday.

Shirley said...

I love all the hearts in your February (heart month ) header- especially the "heart throb" Chance!

Lynda said...

The Shiny Brites have a lot of memories and are beautiful. It is good to get to enjoy them a bit longer than just a few days at Christmas!

Tired Teacher said...

It's the "savers" who make museums possible; thus, preserving history for everyone.

Terry and Linda said...

I'm doing lists of inside stuff...then it will be lists of outside stuff. It's so time for things to go...

Red said...

Good work in clearing up projects but I hate to be the bearer of bad news. These projects never end.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh no did you fall? It is icy out there, hope you heal quickly! :)

Karen said...

You are making me feel guilty, as I have wasted an hour or so scrolling through Facebook etc...;-)

L. D. said...

Yep this is the first year where you were the last to put away the Christmas decorations. We were forced to as boxes are filling up like crazy around here. It was fun to think of the new spots in the new house where the trees can be assembled and displayed. I finished major repair on the gallery floor today and now I have to face drywall work. Ugh. I am going to miss seeing those Shiny Brites.

Country Gal said...

Well your quite the busy bee these days . There is always stuff to get rid of here to seems we don't throw anything away either lol ! I am just trying to breeze through this month waiting for the jump of the hour ahead and spring to arrive next month . Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

Linda Reeder said...

You are so organized. But also I understand your need to have projects. Your winters are long and brutal. I have a sewing project going that will take quite a while to finish. But I'll be out gardening in March while you are still housebound.

Anonymous said...

I weeded *many* years of files this week.
Even discarded the warranty for our 37 year old stove.
Too soon????