Friday, November 4, 2016

Monsters in the woods

The woods are coming alive, this weekend there will be swarms of blaze orange clothed hunters headed for deer stands in the early morning just before first light and back just after dark.

Monster in the woods

This deer stand is well camouflaged except for the new lumber used in the supports.

Tucked away in the woods the deer stands are practically weekend retreats. All the comforts of home away from home …heat (not that they will need it this weekend), snacks, hot drinks, a comfy lookout swivel chair…

Deer Stand 

I thought this one looked kinda like a monster in the woods.

Good Luck to all the hunters, we have lots of deer in our area so I hope it is a good hunt.

Neither Far Guy or I hunt anymore.  We used to, but we found we just liked being in the woods more than the hunting…and now we live in the woods …so we can go out anytime we want!  I enjoy hunting with my camera!

Blog Signature

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

That does look like a monster or a space ship! Your blog friends enjoy you hunting with your camera - always enjoy your pictures!

Marty said...

We are surrounded by strips of woods, but there's little if any hunting in our town. Haven't seen many deer this year, but then again I've pretty much ignored my yard this year so I haven't kept track of what they have or haven't been eating.

DJan said...

Space ship, all right. And yes, camera shooting is a whole lot less messy. :-)

Henny Penny said...

It does look like a monster! Poppy doesn't have anything that fancy. He uses one of those dangerous looking ladder stands.

linda m said...

Don't forget to wear your Blaze Orange when you go outside. Hope Chance has a vest as well. Have a great weekend.

Shirley said...

Hope you have responsible hunters in your area.

Linda W. said...

My hubby is heading out today for a week of elk hunting. But they don't have any luxurious stands like that - he and his buddies have to hike through the cold, rainy woods.

Tired Teacher said...

Venison is tasty. I wish the hunters a successful weekend hunt.

Terry and Linda said...

I enjoy hunting with my camera also!

Linda

Rita said...

I would rather hunt with a camera. My dad used to bow hunt when we were young, but he lost his taste for hunting. It does look like a monster in the woods.

Anonymous said...

You said the magic words..."blaze orange." My favorite color to wear!!!! I like going to stores that sell the deer stands just so I can look at them. Some of them are pretty fancy, as you said.

Paula said...

I like hunting with the camera better!! I know that there is way too many deer out there but I could never shoot one!

Red said...

On the open prairie deer stands would not be an effective hunting strategy. We have to move a bit.

Jacqi Stevens said...

I agree with Mildred: it does kinda look like a space ship. Aliens in the woods this weekend, for sure!

Granny Marigold said...

I have no idea how long hunting season lasts but I imagine you won't be doing much walking in any woods until it's over.

Linda Reeder said...

I'm glad to know blaze orange is the color for hunters there. I see some dressed in camouflage and wonder "What are you thinking!?

Karen said...

But do they have 'bathrooms'? Haha! The one you showed looks like some sort of robot, the windows are two eyes with eyebrows over. I hope all the hunters have clean kills. I wouldn't say no to some deer meat, but no hunters in this family.