Thursday, April 30, 2015

Crochet Project: Fur Balls

This scarf/cowl has been in the works for over a year.  Twice it was thrown in my to do basket and it was frogged = ripped apart many times.
Fur balls
Leave it to me I can make the simplest projects difficult.  I was determined to make something out of this really funky kinda ugly yarn.  I must have been a tad addled the day I picked it out.  It was too wide, then too narrow, then too crocked…
Fur ball creation
I finished it yesterday…it was 72 degrees out so I had no need for a winter scarf.
fur Ball  cowl
It is a cowl now, one I can wear on my head and around my neck.  It is not perfect but close enough that I can live with it. I stuffed it in the old toy box where the overflow winter “stuff” is stored.  I will wear it a few times and if I don’t like it I will donate it.

Done.  Now I can get out some scraps of yarn and start a new crochet project.  Join As You Go Granny Squares…a wonderful way to use up some of my yarn stash.
Blog Signature

16 comments:

linda m said...

Granny Square projects are how use up all my old yard. I was making vests for a charity for awhile. Mostly I crochet in Winter when I'm freezing my butt off.

DJan said...

I might take up crocheting again this coming fall or winter. I went over to that site and it brought back a lot of memories. Those weird fur balls are kind of odd looking, but you did good with that cowl. :-)

Anonymous said...

That is so charming!

Anonymous said...

I had never seen such unusual yarn as that with the fur balls, It is cute though and should look nice as a cowl. Good for you for finishing up this project.

Shirley H.

Linda Kay said...

I think it's cute as a button!

Country Gal said...

That's different !! Good job ! Thanks for sharing . Have a good day !

Tired Teacher said...

Kudos for finishing this project. When yarn gives me fits, I usually end up tossing it in the round file.

Cynthia said...

I think those fur balls are going to tickle you and make you laugh. Possibly at inappropriate moments! You have a lot of sticktoitiveness.

Patsy said...

Good to keep hands busy and those are fun fur balls to make.

Henny Penny said...

I like it! It sure feels good to finish up a project like that.

Leah said...

Yeah - glad it is finished.... It will be one of those items that you like but if something happens to it you won't be heartbroken :)

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

I like it- wish I could see well enough to crochet or knit again. All of my afghans are worn out they are so old.

Red said...

Okay, this topic is beyond me but at least you know I read your post.

Primitive Stars said...

Love it, so cute. Hot even here, almost too hot already.Blessings Francine.

Shirley said...

It looks cuddly and soft!

L. D. said...

I was watching Miss Marple on the PBS series knitting and she was doing the real thing.