Sunday, November 23, 2014

Puppies

Nothing better than a whole litter of puppies…puppy breath galore!

Five weeks and three days ago our Granddaughter’s dog Jade gave birth to thirteen puppies, twelve survived.  We saw them the day after they were born.  Yesterday we visited again!

They grew!

Water dish puppies

Here they are attacking a water dish…it had to be filled twice.

IMG_4688

They each have a collar with their name on it. Originally it was to keep track of their weight. Yes!  I got all twelve in a photo!!

Maddie and Deacon

Maddie and Deacon, she has claimed him as her own.

Paige being a self proclaimed “More of a cat person” holds Hunter.

Paige and Hunter

He has a nose already…Trica was cooking chili and this pup knew it was food!

Puppies

Trica and the poopies

Trica calls them “poopies”…as you can imagine IF you have ever raised a litter of pups there is a whole lot of peeing and pooping going on as they make the transition from nursing to solid food and water.

Jade is a good Mom she still nurses them once or twice a day.

Hunter grabs a bite

Hunter grabs a quick drink.  It wasn’t long before Jade walked off.

Only four of the puppies still need homes.  All the puppies should be ready to go to their new homes soon.  They are eating hard food and drinking more water than they are spilling…all good signs that they will be ready to go soon.

They have a nice enclosure indoors.  Cozy and warm.  The girls and other family members have handled these puppies nicely.  I am certain I got to pet them all a couple of times.  Some puppies are more reserved than others…one was just like an old wise dog the way he looked at me.  Others bark, growl, whine.  One leapt into the air about four inches…they attacked each other and bit each others ears…one even had the audacity to grab another by the neck and give it a shake.   This last stage of puppieness is the most fun to watch…how they interact within the litter will determine their personality.  Back when I raised Shetland Sheepdogs (Shelties) we called this Puppy TV. Luckily we just had litters of four to watch over…not litters of twelve!

IMG_4701

 

IMG_4697

Chance Jade and a puppy and paige

Paige petting Chance.  He was in to see the puppies a couple of times…he was curious but not impressed.  Jade was sure happy to see him and she kept kissing him..he hates that!  He had to keep one eye on Far Guy cause he didn’t want to be left behind.

Blog Signature

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is cute about Chance not liking Jade's kisses! Those are the cutest puppies. Love your photos.

Country Gal said...

Oh my what cute bundles of fur , Wish we lived closer Miggs would love a another sister she has her kitty sister but she doesn't play that much and defiantly not outside not like Miggs does lol ! Hope the rest find wonderful forever homes ! Thanks for sharing lovely photos ! Have a good day !

MadSnapper said...

so sweet so adorable... we had 11 once many years ago and what fun that was

DJan said...

That is a LOT of puppies. Will they take the others to the Humane Society? They are all such cuties, I can see why eight of them have already got homes. :-)

Intense Guy said...

Yikes! That's a lot of Poopies!!!!

But they are so durn cute!!! Poor Chance...you can almost hear him thinking, "Hey!! Don't you dare leave me here in this chaos!!!"

Unknown said...

There is nothing cuter than puppies or kittens. Thanks for letting us see these little darlings. I hope homes can be found for all the puppies. Poor Chance, having to compete with all those lttle cuties.I can see why he kept a close eye on Far Guy.

Shirley H.

Marty said...

Still sitting here in my robe with THINGS TO DO! but I saw the heading "Puppies," paused, thinking that I really need to get dressed, and looked again at the title "Puppies." Here I am. Who can resist puppies!! Adorable.
I'll take Hunter, although Deacon is a close second.

Shirley said...

Haha I call them puddleuppies! Oh yes puppy breath and puppy barks and puppy growls and puppy silliness- so entertaining! I'm not surprised that Chance wasn't too keen on the pups, they can be little pests! Reba stayed away from Tess's pups. I love the picture of Chance on your header. He has the cutest ears.

Jan said...

Glad to see that you are still blogging. I just stopped by Andrea's site Finding Sirius and saw that she posted her last blog. Thought you might be interested. I still miss you guys.

Primitive Stars said...

Oh Puppy breath, I love it!!!! Such sweet puppies, love the two colors of them, hard not to want one. Blessings Francine.

Linda W. said...

There is nothing more adorable than a litter of puppies! Cute pics! Thanks for sharing, you made my Sunday!

Terry and Linda said...

What darling puppies!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/?s=The+Adventures+of+Fuzzy+and+Boomer&submit=Search
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Far Side of Fifty said...

Thanks for the heads up Jan, I went over and left her a comment! :)

Nancy said...

Such sweet faces! I hope they all find loving homes.

Dreaming said...

Oh, I want to be there and cuddle, and smell that puppy smell… well, maybe not the poopie smell!
What a huge litter! Jade must be ready for them to go away!

Red said...

13 ...unlucky number! There's lots of domination practice going on here.

troutbirder said...

Oh they are adorable. I was all signed up to get a yellow lab when fate intervened and we adopted LILY instead...:)

Linda Reeder said...

Wow. That's a big job taking care of that many puppies!

Cynthia said...

That is a whole lot of puppy adorableness! Are you sure you didn't bring any home?

Karen said...

Nothing cuter than a passel of puppies! Hope the last four pups find good forever homes too.
I'm also hoping that the pups stay with the litter until they are at least 8 weeks. https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101006110151AA4T3iS
I'm also hoping that Jade has an appointment for a spay in the near future. Hope I'm not stepping on any toes, just something I feel strongly about.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I am sure the other four will find homes. Yes they will stay with their Mom and Littermates until they are eight weeks old....they are learning all about being puppies now. I agree Jade should be spayed...but that is not my decision. I am thankful that good home have been found:)

Far Side of Fifty said...

All will find homes...none will go to the humane society. They still have two weeks or so before they are ready to go to new homes:)

Gail said...

Oh, no, puppies!!!! I get weak in the knees when I see puppies. Beautiful.

Sam I Am...... said...

Oh, puppies....you lucky! You got to hold them and play with them! That is one big litter. Aren't they just so adorable. They do a really good job of keeping it clean too with 12 that can't be easy. We raised collies when I was in high school and I was learning to show them but then I went off to college and that was the end of that.
Labs are the most popular dog right now and with Christmas around the corner I bet they won't have any trouble finding homes. Thanks for the pictures but I miss the puppy breath.

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh - they are adorable!

Henny Penny said...

I love the puppies! That little Lab nose on that black one! Oh they are so cute!