Sunday, July 13, 2014

Projects

The Christmas ornaments are coming along, we have 55 done now…15 more to go and many of those are in progress.

We worked on some more glass flowers yesterday…this one needed a heavy copper pipe.

Blue Glass Flower

I wasn’t sure that this one would hold together because it is so heavy…so far so good. The red reflection is from the red bird feeder above it.  This is five pieces of glassware.

I made a display board for some bark carvings, the carving group is having a display at an event in Park Rapids tomorrow.  A display helps introduce wood carving to others who may not know how diversified our group is. Bark Carvings

I found this perfect piece of Black Walnut out in the woodshop…imagine that!  I sanded it and put a coat of sealer on it and viola I have a display board.  I try not to look around too much out in that woodshop…oh my.

I sent out another bunch of sympathy cards…people are dropping like flies.  I need to make more sympathy cards one of these days.

So that is an update on my projects.

Blog Signature

22 comments:

Unknown said...

I had not heard of these glass flowers! Your creations are very interesting. Do they survive MN winters?
Your wood carvings are amazing and congratulations on already finishing so many of the
Christmas ornaments. That is fast work. So glad that you both are so much better and back at your usual activites.

Shirley H.

troutbirder said...

Interesting project. I like the part about not having to water or deadhead. And your right its been the worst ever for skeeters and gnats. Its not even fun to walk the dog these days even covered with deet...:(

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

I love your glass flowers. What kind of glue are you using to hold the glass pieces together?

Nancy said...

Another lovely creation.

Your wood carving and display board will get a lot of attention. Nice job!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Marine Glue :)

Beth said...

The glass flowers are beautiful!

linda m said...

I love your glass flowers and the wood carvings. The piece of black walnut looks perfect underneath the carvings.

Anonymous said...

The display board is great. Love your glass flowers too.

DJan said...

Very nice flower, but I especially like the wood display. You will turn lots of people on to how talented you are. Sorry to hear about more people dying. :-(

L. D. said...

That walnut made a perfect presentation tray for all the neat works.

Red said...

The crafts are a lot of fun and it makes old people continue to learn things. At our age we tend to lose people on a regular basis.

Lynda said...

I think it's wonderful that you and your husband enjoy doing the crafting together. Beautiful display you made! I know what you mean about the sympathy cards - - - lots happening in that area here, too. It's weird and disturbing how it comes in waves like that.

Linda Reeder said...

Your walnut display board is beautiful, and perfect! It's good to see you are having fun with glass, too.

Primitive Stars said...

Afternoon, love the glass project, so pretty as is the walnut display, great, Francine.

Jacqi Stevens said...

You are so inventive and resourceful! What a great idea for a display board. I like the message it sends.

LindaG said...

Your flowers are gorgeous, as is your woodworking. Have a wonderful week!

Karen said...

Oh, a craft idea.....those glass flowers would be right up my alley....another excuse to head to the thrift stores:)
Your woodworking display is awesome!

Henny Penny said...

That piece of black walnut is perfect for the display. You two amaze me with your projects.

Rita said...

The black walnut is beautiful for that display and I really love your glass flowers! Busy busy. I've been busier lately myself. I think it's the cooler weather--LOL! ;)

Sam I Am...... said...

That is an awesome display. I love your carvings.....you're way ahead of those fairy garden people. Would you tell me how you make your cards? I would like to make my own out of some of the photos I've taken for my blog. I loved yours.

Sam I Am...... said...

P.S. I love your glass statuary too!

Terry and Linda said...

You are an outstanding artist!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com