Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy 4th of July

We celebrated a day early with a trip to town to the candy shop with Jen, Andy and the boys and a quick stop by the grocery store.  Oh my town is a touristy mess..a plethora of cars with different license plates.   Traffic is slow and like Far Guy says you avoid a left hand turn at all costs.

Far Guy went kayaking with Jen.  I started on supper.  We had a picnic late in the day…if the skeeters hadn’t been so bad we could have eaten on the patio…but no one wants to be eaten alive whilst eating.

I served potato salad, baked beans, brats and buns, blueberries, carrots and brownies…an all American 4th of July meal a day early.  We have left overs too so I won’t have to cook on the 4th of July! 

I hope however you celebrate the day that you have a safe holiday.

Flag at sunset

Blog Signature

17 comments:

Gail said...

Your day sounds wonderful. Now I'm hungry for brats before seven in the morning!

Happy Fourth.

DJan said...

Happy Independence Day to you and yours, dear Connie. I'm glad to hear Far Guy is feeling well enough to go kayaking. And I love that picture with the blue and white stripes behind the flag. :-)

Primitive Stars said...

Happy July Fourth my friend, Francine.

Leah said...

Happy July 4th to you and Gene ~ might be a good day for a nap :)

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Fun day-hope today is just as wonderful! Have a safe and happy 4th!

Sam I Am...... said...

Happy 4th to you! Glad you are both feeling better. The pickles are done so I'll mow today as it is nice and cool here. This place is like that too...lots of "out-of-towners" golfing, boating and fishing. Me, I just do my regular stuff...every day's a holiday now that I'm retired! LOL!

Nancy said...

Have a relaxing day!

Cynthia said...

Happy 4th! Great All American menu. Similar to mine except I'm adding corn on the cob.

Red said...

I always know I'm going to hear about good eats at this time. Happy Fourth of July.

Unknown said...

This is off the topic, Connie - but a friend of mine who has TN says that a man she knows who also has it says that cinnamon has a lessening effect on his TN. He has it with toast right before a meal. I haven't tried this because have no cinnamon on hand (don't bake anymore) but it is worth a try. Tried to send an email but couldn't make it work! I have TN too by the way.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Thanks for the comment, we will give it a try. Sorry to hear you have TN also...:(

Linda Reeder said...

It sounds like you are getting well enough to have some fun! that's good.

Jacqi Stevens said...

We started our Fourth a day early, too...but we are still celebrating! Kinda like birthdays turning into birthday months, only not quite so long...

LindaG said...

The mosquitoes are terrible this year. And BIG, too.
Have a wonderful weekend!

Karen said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful 3rd, and a nice and relaxing 4th. Did you see any fireworks tonight? We are 9 miles from the border, and I heard what sounded like fireworks long before it got dark, and then the booms really got thick and heavy after dark.

Terry and Linda said...

Love your flag! Happy 4th to you, from me today on the 5th!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Nancy/BLissed-Out Grandma said...

Definitely a fine all-American meal, and with leftovers it's perfect!