Friday, June 8, 2012

Chance: Warm Weather

Hiya!  It is me the blogging Border Collie!  The weather turned warm and sunny.  Me being a partly black dog and all..well I get a little warm.

Sunny warm weather

Don’t I look cool?  Well it was okay..I may have looked cool but I was hot.

Far Side had the day off yesterday.  Far Guy works for her once a week and yesterday was the day!  Far Guy does lots of interesting stuff..Far Side not so much.  I got all exhausted watching her scurry around cleaning the bathroom and doing laundry..finally she came to her senses and said lets go to the lake and cool off.  Now you are talking!!!

Feet in the water

One of the advantage of Far Side shoes is that it doesn’t matter if they get wet.  She FINALLY took one off and used it to fling water in the air for me to catch.  She sat on the dock swishing her tired aching feet in the cool water/flinging water in the air for me for a really long time.  Just me and her cooling off at the lake.

Chance after playing in the water

She made me rest a couple of times.  Then it was time to go home and pretend we had been cooking a gourmet meal all day long..we must have pulled it off cause when Far Guy came home he said “Supper sure smells good!” :)

17 comments:

thecrazysheeplady said...

:-D

Beth said...

I am very happy to meet you Border Collie. I wish I had a lake nearby to cool off in. All I have is the Illinois River and it is pretty deep. I hope you and far side have a wonderful day.

Muffy's Marks said...

And did you get a few morsels of that wonderful smelling supper? I hope so, 'cuz you're such a good dog.

DJan said...

Oh Chance, I've missed your posts. You are such a talented dog, even wearing sunglasses without proper ears. Good thing you got Far Side out to the dock where she could cool off instead of cleaning! You are the best. :-)

linda m said...

Chance, you are one cool looking dog. I love the shades. Glad you and Far Side had fun at the lake and got cooled off.

Dreaming said...

The trip to the lake will be our little secret. We won't tell Far Guy! Poor Tucker is a disadvantaged pup. He's never been to a lake that I remember. Hmmm.... I guess we'll have to rectify that error! It sure looked refreshing.

GramMary said...

As usual, Chance, you are the man...umm...DOG! Thanks for taking Herself to the lake to cool off.

Sam I Am...... said...

Hi Chance,
Nitty and Annie here. Your lake looks great. Are you allowed to go there by yourself? How close is it to your house? We have a lake across the street but we're not allowed across the street by ourselves plus it is some one's house so private property whatever that is. But there is a park and fishing pier not too far that we walk to once in awhile. I go in the water but not like you, swimming and all. I'm on a leash...they have laws here...DARN! But I do go in up to my shoulders sometimes. Annie too but Mom worries about snakes as there are quite a few down here and poisonous too. You know how Moms are. Do you have snakes there by your lake? Are they poisonous? Maybe we should move there so we could swim with you and Mom wouldn't have to worry about us getting bit. Enjoy your summer but we understand about the heat....we both have black fur too! Thank goodness we have a couple good shade trees to lay under while Mom works outside. Take care and don't forget the sunscreen! Just kidding about the sunscreen.

Anonymous said...

Chance, What I want to know is are you using a selt belt on all your trips? Stay safe take care of those two. Happy Day. Ann

Anonymous said...

Love you Chance! What a 'cool' dude - I mean dog!

Rita said...

LOL! Looking cool in your shades, Chance. And what a treat to go to the lake on a hot, hot day. I hope you get to go again soon!! :)

Anonymous said...

Chance - you are too cool with those glasses on! Sounds like a great way to spend a summer afternoon. Wishing everyone a nice weekend.

NCmountainwoman said...

Glad you had your priorities in order.

Country Gal said...

Looks and sounds like you guys had fun . Wonderful photos . Chance your a star in thos cool shades . Miggy sends kisses and also loves the water . Have a great day !

LindaG said...

Glad to hear you got to go swimming, Chance! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. :o)

L. D. said...

Chance, those shades are cool. I am glad you have a lake in which you can take a break. It is great that Far Guy likes to work at the job in town. You get to play hooky that way with the head cook. We were very warm today and the neighbor girls didn't invite me or Barney over to share their new pool.

Anonymous said...

You're so funny! Love all these shots of you cooling off.

Thank goodness you've finally got some warm weather!