Friday, August 26, 2011

Silverware Art

I do appreciate some art..and if it is art that makes me smile..well that is a good thing.

Someone took a spoon..and welded it to a rod.

The spoon

Then they made a second part using silverware handles. They look like Dragonflies. The two Dragonflies are connected by a rod.

IMG_5802

This part balances perfectly on the spoon..even in the wind..the Dragonfly is stuck forever in a balancing zone.

IMG_5808

It doesn’t take much to entertain me anymore.

Knives and spoons Dragonflys

This is the work of an Artist in the Fergus Falls Minnesota area, he or she must be a very clever person.  Yes, I splurged on a piece of art..after all it was made in the USA and it looks great in the Daylily bed:)

Blog Signature

21 comments:

lisa said...

I think that is a great idea and very decorative!

PeeJay said...

WOW! I love it and yes, I only appreciate what I actually like and not what I'm told I should like. This is great and just up my street - lol!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this! I've seen wind chimes made from silver but never anything like this!

Have a great weekend.

M. Lane

linda m said...

That is so clever and so cool.

LindaG said...

It took a lot of inspiration to entertain you, Far Side.
That's a pretty ingenious creation. Thanks for sharing it with us. :)

DJan said...

I think it is wonderful, Connie. I would have bought it, too...

Dreaming said...

Oh my.... your dragonflies are beautiful! I love things like that. And yes, they are perfect to flit among your flowers!

Judy said...

I really like this artwork...dragonflies are so cool...and so is this artists work...wonder where I can get one?

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Very clever..!!
Enjoy

Changes in the wind said...

Love those! Too bad you don't have web site to share with us but then sometimes people don't have one.

Linda said...

I would have splurged too!! I love it!

Karen said...

Oh, that't right up my alley too. Love it!

Patsy said...

Some people are just so talented.

Nancy/BLissed-Out Grandma said...

Very clever...the balance is amazing. That's just the sort of thing one should have in one's garden.

Merideth in Wyoming said...

How COOL is that!! I would love one of those!

Rita said...

That is just awesome!! What a delight to watch bob in the breeze! I can see why you couldn't resist. :)

The Musical Gardener said...

Recycled material, clever and attractive - can't get better than that in the garden!

Lynda said...

I like it a lot! I admire people who can re-purpose something entirely different than the original item. I can copy stuff but I cannot imagine a completely new creation.

Emma Rose said...

Way cool! We love it!

Kisses,
Emma Rose

Anonymous said...

I love those cutlery dragonflies!

West Side of Straight said...

That is the cutest dragonfly garden ornaments ever!!!!!!!!!! I think my garden needs one too! Do you have an addr?

My big dragonfly needs one wing welded back on.