Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Humble

There is some old country song out there that goes kinda like this “OH..Lord it’s hard to be humble when you are perfect in everyway.”
Cons headers-p0025
Yesterday something spectacular happened to me.  I got an atta girl..from my peers..some very special peers.  The Blogger folks selected my Forgotten Old Photos blog as the Blog of Note for November 15, 2010.   I was/am stoked..and still grinning from ear to ear! They have thousands maybe millions of blogs to choose from and only choose about 260 blogs a year..and mine was one!!!

I am not sure if ya’ll know this.  My regular blog Far Side of Fifty also appears locally in a Word Press foremat and can be picked up by many of the small papers in North Dakota and Minnesota that are part of the Forum Communications Network. Area Voices is where I began blogging almost three years ago.  Far Side of Fifty is featured in many local newspapers online as an Area Voice. 

EXCEPT..the local paper in the town 14 miles from where I live.  Even though I have contacted them several times..and once I even answered a plea by them for local blogs and bloggers.  Perhaps I am too controversial for them…perhaps since I write the truth from my point of view, I make them too nervous or uncomfortable. Who knows perhaps I embarrass them..maybe I am too back woodsy or too cranky.

Whatever..and since I am going to practice being humble about this award.  Any writers from THAT local newspaper will be last on my list of interviewers..If they call me..after all they do have my phone number..I will humbly say “NO comment at this time..wait in line buster.”
Forgotten Old Photos-p001 Last weeks Forgotten Old Soldiers
In all seriousness..I can be serious sometimes.  Forgotten Old Photos has been a labor of love and a way for me to give something back to several families. I have several people I work closely with to make the blog come alive, namely Abra, Norkio and Iggy. Without them, the blog wouldn’t be nearly as interesting as it is.  I am only the wordy writer that follows the old photo muse:)

32 comments:

Paul C said...

Congratulations on being so honoured for the day. Many new readers will be introduced to your wonderful blogs.

DJan said...

Congratulations are definitely in order! I love your blogs, Connie, and you deserve every accolade you get! Hugs!!!!

Merry Mary said...

Congratulations Connie! That is so great! I bet you are getting tons of new readers. Great Job!

Anonymous said...

congrats on the 'award'; a long time overdue. Interesting that your local paper features local voices. Our paper is not so 'advanced' as that. They have not yet discovered tape recorders and end up creating 'quoted' material. =)

Emma Rose said...

Wow Far Side! Congrats on being chosen "Blog of Note"!!! That is very exciting! You are very talented and we love you :)

Kisses,
Emma Rose, Sir Bear, Mister Higgins and the Duchess too!

Judy said...

GREAT!! That's quite a feather in your cap...congratulations!!

PS..controversial?? I never found you controversial...

shirlei beatriz said...

hi, i'm shirlei from brazil i liked your blog a lot. i have photos of me from 70's, maybe not sold, but in black and white.Would you like i send them?

Far Side of Fifty said...

Thanks for the offer shirlei beatriz but I usually feature photos from the early part of the 1900's:)

Shirley H. said...

I read your blog every day and don't think you are a bit "back woodsy or cranky".
I love all your photos both contemporary and old.
Your blog is a bright spot in my day.

West Side of Straight said...

CONGRATULATIONS CONNIE! I love your writing and the old photos. A lot of work goes into your blogs - nice to recognized for it! Way to go! jo

Country Gal said...

Congrats, I love your blogs you always do a wonderful job ! Have a great day !

Anonymous said...

John and I are so very proud of you Connie. Way to go! What an honor to be featured as blog of note. Thanks to your three assistants in their tireless efforts also.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Congratulations my friend, that quite the honor!!! I must say it is an honor you do deserve. Woohoo!!!!

God bless and enjoy this time in the bright lights of stardom sweetie!!! :o)

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Wowzer! That's great news. Well deserved honor!

Leah said...

Congrats - those that are missing just don't know what they are missing!.... Blog on...

Becca's Dirt said...

Oh I am so excited for you. Congratulations. I know you were thrilled. Hope you have a blessed day Connie.

Anonymous said...

"Congratulations," your blog is the 1st one I read every. You have great talent and to heck with the paper.

Jeanne Estridge said...

How incredibly cool! I first saw the "Blogs of Note" when I was setting up The Raisin Chronicles and thought "wouldn't that be the best thing ever to be chosen for." All the ones I read were excellent--writing and graphics.

Congratulations!

Andrea said...

That's great! You will probably get tons more followers now; that's how I found my first several blogs to follow; they were interesting enough to be a Blog of Note. Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Congratulations Connie! I don't know why but I've never been over to that blog until today. I will go back and take a closer look, I've been looking for photo's with old quilts in them. That's hard to come by....I've found 2 so far. If you have any, please post them sometime.

Patsy said...

I am late but I sure want to say CONGRATULATIONS! and I like you just the way you are.

Lynda said...

Congratulations - - -glad some others know you are as good as we know!!!

Nancy/BLissed-Out Grandma said...

Congratulations, Connie, that is a Big Deal! I like all of your blogs and I think what you do with the old photos is very special. So does Blogger, obviously!

Gail said...

Wow!!! Congratulations but I knew you were a winner all this time!

linda m said...

Congratulations on your award!

Intense Guy said...

"Too cranky"? LOL! Nooooooooooo... I can't see that at all!

You do have integrity - so they might see that as cranky in a way...

Anyhooo - thanks for the shout out - I've thoroughly enjoyed researching folks that you post - and working with you... Its become my daily lunch routine. :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! You deserve it more than most!!!!!!

Cathie

Anonymous said...

Congratulations - you deserve this award! Enjoy the humility while it lasts... ;-)

Lanny said...

Well congratulations and wow, I am duly impressed! Even more so that the local won't take you, cause you know what they say about prophets and hometowns eh? That proves you're cool.

CiCi said...

Pretty cool recognition for your work online with old photos. You have such a heart for this work and you share it with everyone as well as your words of wisdom and sometimes snark. Congratulations. Well deserved.

gayle said...

Congrats!! What a honor!

Red said...

Congratulations on your achievement! Well deserved. I like your pieces on old photos.